Years ago, I went to this New Age Spa and we did this laughing meditation. We said Ha! Ha! and pretty soon we were all rolling around the yoga studio, laughing hilariously. It was like magic. A little laughter and everyone was laughing.
I don’t know how it works, but laughter is contagious.
The weather is cold today, like 32 degrees. And I’m not in the mood for winter before fall.
So I am going to think of things that make me happy:
- The Mets vs. Cubs – my two favorite teams (I am going to be happy whoever wins!)
- My art teachers, especially the smart, crazy Heidi Bound. She always shares her supplies
Reading books to Kindergartners, especially No, David!
- My son’s going to visit from college this weekend
- Chris and I are going to perform in and produce A Christmas Carol as a fundraiser for refugees this Christmas-time
- I have 60,000 miles I have to use or purchase a flight before January
- I am going to try and get me and the girls to Cuba
- My girls
I am part of the #Write31Day challenge. Hundreds of us are encouraging each other to write every day of October. I chose the theme of mindfulness. And it’s not easy. And I’m not always feeling mindful. But I’m doing it. So there’s that. Today’s inspiration was: