2012 is drawing to a close (3 weeks left!). What would you put in this year’s time capsule?
I would put:
- My collage art to promote UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief). Am so proud! This was an early version.
- My bike. Oh, my bike. I love my bike. Biking in NYC makes me happy.
- My first (ever!) unemployment direct deposit check. Definitely mixed feelings, but overall grateful.
- My new business cards.
- Masks that the girls made at Art Students League. We all play roles, wear masks, make art.
- Chris’s SAG movie pass. Going to the movies together has been a great way to connect. Due to Chris’s illness and our busy-ness, I feel we are ships passing in the night. But we’ve sat together at such amazing movies this year! Yesterday we saw Amour. Formidable! (my favorite French word!) Today we are going to see The Guilt Trip.
- A handful of sand from Siesta Key beach. The kids and I had such a restorative time hanging out at the prettiest beach in the world last spring. Great times, too, with my bro, Nicole, dad, and Marty.
- A mosquito from the kids and my ill-fated camping trip to Fire Island.
- Yoga mat. Because my mom still practices yoga and stands on her head.
- Shake Shack fries. After teaching a semester of middle school creative writing, I take my kids to Shake Shack to celebrate.
- School Swimming Pool and Van Cortlandt Park. I watch my kids play basketball, soccer, and baseball, but I spend most of my spectator time on the sidelines of the long benches of the pool or on the edges of the Van Corltandt Park track.
All of the cousins. Being with my four siblings and their kids for Thanksgiving was definitely the highlight of 2012.
- President Barack Obama’s birth certificate. Just in case anyone, in the future, has any questions. The man is an American, all right already. Forward.
2012 was a very good year.
- Time Capsule… (tedstrutz.com)
- My 2012 Time Capsule (arayofsun.wordpress.com)
- 2012 Time Capsule (hayleylyons.wordpress.com)
5 thoughts on “Daily Prompt: Time Capsule”
Don’t forget to put one (or more) of your blogs in the time capsule. I love reading them!
good thinking, Linda…
‘That’s going to be a heck of a big Time Capsule’, I thought, when you mentioned a bicycle. But a whole park? And I question the wisdom of putting in a swimming pool… maybe empty.
You should be proud of your EMCOR collage… it is very cool, and says a lot.
Hey, thanks for linking my Time Capsule… I’ll have to think about 2012.
We’re thrilled to be a part of your “Best of 2012” list! It’s awesome that you chose to celebrate the end of the school year with your kids at the Shack. Here’s to an even more wonderful (fries-filled?) 2013!
-Brandy, Shake Shack
These constituents can easily reduce the appearance of hyper pigmentation, age spots,
sun damage melasma, acne marks, old scar, dark elbows and uneven skin tone with ease.